Characteristics and Working principle of the globe valve
Characteristic of globe valves:
The globe valve, also called the stop valve, is one of the most common types of piping systems. It has the below characteristics:
(1) the friction between the sealing surfaces during the opening and closing process is small, relatively durable,
(2) the opening height is not large,
(3) easy process and maintenance,
(4) suitable for cutoff, regulation and throttling.
Working principle of globe valves seating
The globe valve is an extremely important type of shut-off valve. The seal is applied by applying torque to the valve stem, and the valve stem is oriented in the axial direction. The disc exerts pressure so that the disc sealing surface fits snugly against the seat sealing surface, preventing the medium from leaking along the gap between the sealing faces. The sealing pair of the globe valve is composed of a valve sealing surface and a valve seat sealing surface, and the valve stem drives the valve disc to move vertically along the center line of the valve seat. During the opening and closing process of the globe valve, the opening height is small, the flow rate is easy to adjust, and the manufacturing and maintenance are convenient, and the pressure is applicable to a wide range.
Globe valves VS gate valves
Compared with gate valves, the globe valve has following advanatege.
(1) It is structurally simpler than gate valves, and is easy to manufacture and maintain.
(2) In terms of service life, the sealing surface of the globe valve is not easy to wear and scratch, and there is no relative sliding between the valve disc and the sealing surface during the valve opening and closing process, so the wear and scratch on the sealing surface are small, so life service of the sealing is improved.
(3) The globe valve has a short valve stroke during the full-closed process, and its height is relatively small compared to the gate valve.
The disadvantage of the globe valve is that the opening and closing torque is large and it is difficult to achieve rapid opening and closing. Because the flow passage in the valve body is relatively tortuous, the fluid flow resistance is large, and the flow rate is greatly reduced in the pipeline.
If you are interested in more information, feel free to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.